Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Call 11/23

Fairly quiet for the most part, nobody came in during the office hour. Afterwards I did my bathroom checks which I didn't have chance to get to on Sunday night since I was at home. Most were clean, for the ones that weren't, I reminded them it needed to be done at least before they went home for break. First round went smoothly, then had a lockout around 11. During my second round at 11:30 there was a large group of girls standing at the bottom of A tower holding the door open and being really loud; none of them lived in the building. I told them they had to leave and shut the door, and they said they would be gone in 3 minutes. I let that go, since I figured I was going to be coming back around in 25 minutes again anyway, and if they were still there I would just make them leave at that point. Third round was quiet, and when I got back to A tower, the girls were gone but the door was propped with an umbrella so I thwarted any reentry by removing said umbrella. The rest of the evening was quiet and easy.

-Ryan

1 comment:

  1. thwart

    –verb (used with object)
    1. to oppose successfully; prevent from accomplishing a purpose.
    2. to frustrate or baffle (a plan, purpose, etc.).
    3. Archaic.
    a. to cross.
    b. to extend across.
    –noun
    4. a seat across a boat, esp. one used by a rower.
    5. a transverse member spreading the gunwales of a canoe or the like.
    –adjective
    6. passing or lying crosswise or across; cross; transverse.
    7. perverse; obstinate.
    8. adverse; unfavorable.
    –preposition, adverb
    9. across; athwart.

    ReplyDelete