Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010

My first real on call was tonight! I finished up editing resident pictures in the office then went for my first round at 9:00pm. I stopped in some rooms and said hello to some residents and asked how moving in went and everything. A lot of people had their doors open, which I was real happy about because I liked the idea that they were all being social with each other. However, with having open doors, the music travels much further so I had to tell some people to turn down the music a little. On my second round at 11:00pm, the towers were a lot quieter, and I only had to knock on a couple doors to tell them to move the trash that was in the hallway back into their rooms or in the dumpsters. One room thought that the ‘common room’ area was free game for storing their stuff; they were disappointed when I said they had to move all the boxes back into their room. I also had to tell some people to shut their propped doors for the night because it was 11:00pm. I closed the building entrance doors that were propped multiple times. Then on my third round at 1:00am, all was still pretty quiet, except I happened to run into two girls in two different towers who got locked out of their room, so I let them in and reminded them of the lockout policy, but since it was their first night back I did not charge them. There is still trash in the hallways but when I knocked on some more doors no one answered - I plan to mention NO TRASH in the hallways during my tower meeting. Overall, it was a good night, I was very nervous for my first on call but everything went smoothly!

Rachael OUTTTT

P.S. I have a huge crush on Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment