So I am a total space cadet and forgot to post a blog for my on call on Wed. The good news is you didn't miss anything because not a thing went on. Last night however was a different story. My office hour was dead. My first round was also very quiet. I got a phone call at about 9:45 for a lock out, so I went and handled that. At about 11 I was about to go do my next round when I heard a very loud constant banging on a door, and a girl legitimately screaming at the top of her lungs not very nice things and for someone to open the door. I ran out of my room quick around the corner and found two of my female residents both crying, but one literally sobbing in the middle of an anxiety attack. Her whole body was shaking, and when she saw me she started crying harder and hugged me when I asked her if everything was ok. I told them to step away from the other persons door and they followed me out to the hall way that connects b tower to c tower. The girls started to tell me what was wrong but they were really worked up, very distraught and loud so I told them to come into my room to talk. I felt really bad for them, I gave them both tissues and told them to just take some deep breaths and calm down. The girls sat on my bed for about an hour or so and I let them vent about what was going on. They were in the middle of a he said she said argument with one of their close friends and another boy who is my resident. I talked the girls down and tried to give them some advice. When they finally got everything out I told them that it would be best to just sleep on it and wake up tomorrow with a clear mind about their situation. They were extremely appreciative for my help and I sent them off with one of my DVD's to borrow to just watch and relax for the rest of the night. After they left it was about 12:30 and I did a round and the building was quiet. I went back to my room finished up my homework and did a third round at about 1:30 before I went to bed. It was a strange night. I checked in on the girls this morning and they definitely have a clearer mind today and are handling their argument much more calmer.
-Molly
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to be Molly :)
ReplyDelete