So Cynthia needed to switch on-calls so last night I was on call. During my office hour I gave out some toilet paper and had some residents stop by to say hello and talk for a little bit. It was a generally quiet night. During my first round the building was quiet not much going on. During my second round at 11 I had to ask 2 rooms to close doors. When I got back to my room I had someone come up to request toilet paper,when I went down to get it, I ended up giving some to 3 other residents as well who were passing by and also needed some. I think yesterday I gave out more toilet paper than I have given out all year. Earlier in the day during my office hour I had 4 people come within the hour for some. Anyways during my last round the building was sounding and looking good, when I ended on the first floor of A-tower I had a very funny conversation with the Asian students who live there. They proceeded to quiz me on what specific ethnicity each of them were and were giving me an Asian 101 lecture. haha it was beyond entertaining. On the first floor we have a 2 students who are a combination of Chinese and Cambodian, 1 who is full Cambodian, 1 who is Hmong and Cambodian, a Vietnamese and Chinese student from C tower who hangs out in a- tower. I am schooled now in how to determine what ethnicity's each Asian student is (they told me that their are lots of easy ways to tell). I absolutely enjoy all of the A100 students they are great!
-Molly
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment