Thursday, September 10, 2009

The night that was...September 10th

Hey.

My on call started with watching the film, "11th Hour." Going in to the program, I was hoping for residents to have an hour break in which they could learn about something that is honestly important, our environment. I did a little research and found that 11th Hour was a solid movie that really left you in a state of shock almost. Added that it was narrated by Leo DiCaprio and it took the cake. To my dismay, only one resident showed up on her free will, while I had to gather a few of my A Tower peoples to the lounge. I was surprised that the Scooby-Doo gummies I purchased did not entice the residents. Regardless, I found the movie fairly interesting and made me really question my behavior. Given the circumstances and the fact that residents are busier than I imagined them to be, the program was acceptable.

I then completed my laundry, still upset that I was earlier blind to the fact that if you wash your newly dyed red overalls (for Stewie obviously) every other article of clothing recieves a gift of red dye upon being washed. My favorite sweatshirt ended up in this mess and is currently ruined and on the shelf for when we go paintballing. Either way, life goes on, its just some cotton.

Once I wiped away my tears, I recieved a text from Marcin informing me that there was a sign hanging from the balcony on the second floor of C-Tower. I called Marcin to confirm where the sign was and he explained it was on the street side of Aldrich but wasn't sure if it was the 2nd or 3rd floor. I proceeded to walk outside and saw a small blue light hanging from the 3rd floor of C tower. Below was a sign that read "Free Sex." Street goers were clearly impressed with the sign. I went to C300C and told the group of little boys to take down their sign and light and they willingly took it down, admiting it was immature.

After that mission, I took a round and all was fairly quiet. I was walking up the steps to the 4th floor of B tower when I hear the bumping bass of some Lil' Wayne. I followed to musical notes to A400A, where the residents were in the bathroom getting ready to go out clubbing or some nonsense. I politely asked them if they could turn down their tunes and they happily complied and apologized.

I then came back to the pad, A401C, and began writing this novel. At 11, I recieved a knock on my door from two of my residents. One girl had lost her ID and needed it to go to a party in the Ram's Den. I escorted the two ladies to the office and found the lost identification. The two were thankful and skipped off to their shindig.

My last round was fairly uneventful. I shut one persons door and saw 3 residents returning to C-Tower with a slice of greasy pizza. I then saw M-Dollaz (Molly), who was sporting a white long sleeve shirt, short green athletic shorts and her infamous pink/purple/white sneeks. We chatted about the sign and I confessed that I was writing a ridiculous blog and she wanted to check it out.
She found the blog fairly amusing and so did I.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and went to bed. It was a good night as an RA.

Take it easy AlBurn,

-Ben

P.S. If you read this post, word for word, congratulations.

2 comments: