Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On call 9/15/09

At the beginning of my on call I was in the office from 8-9. During this time it was very quiet and I only had one resident stop buy to check out the pool equipment. I did my first round at 9:00 and the building was very quiet. I stopped by a residents room who called me over as I walked by to talk to them about furniture removal and requests. I returned back to the office until the staff meeting began at 9:30.

Following the meeting I had a resident approach me outside of the office to let me know her light had broken in her room. I went to her room to see if I could help her fix it but the chain had broken off the light and I told her I would put it in to be fixed. I did another round, and had to ask one room C201B to close their door. Other than that the building was very quiet.

I did another round at midnight and had no issues until I returned back to my floor to find three of my residents running through the stair well. I followed them to their room in C400B and reminded them it was past quiet hours and they shouldn't be carrying on in the hall way like that. They respectfully apologized and told me they were surprising their friend to say happy birthday at midnight. They went into their room and didn't make anymore noise.

It was a very low key night, with nothing really going on in the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment