I began the night with my program (rock painting) which was very successful. After I finished cleaning up I began my first round. During my first round the building was under control, lots of students had doors open and were being social within their halls. I had no issues.
Following my first round I had a bathroom lock out on the first floor of C-tower. A student accidentally locked the door when they were walking out and shut it behind them, I was unable to get the door open with the master key so I had to report it to Get.It.
Before I began my second round I had a resident lock out in B tower. Following this I began my second round, which was done at the start of quiet hours, I had to approach room C401D to keep the noise down. Also during this round I had to ask room A400B to close their door.
As I began my third round at mid-night I had to approach room C200A to ask them to keep the noise down because it was past quiet hours. Upon talking this room they informed me that they had lost power on the left side of their room. I addressed the situation and told them I would put in a work order. When I went around the corner to room C201B to ask them to close the door, they also informed me that they were out of power on the right side of the room. I added this room to my rooms to be put into get it for fixing. After leaving C201 residents from C200 sought me out to open the kitchen for them in order to use the Microwave. I stopped what I was doing and brought the girls to the kitchen to use the microwave. When I returned back to C200 to pick up where I left off on my rounds, the resident in room C200B came out of his room to let me know that he too had lost power in his entire room, and that also the Bathroom had no power. I let all the students know that I would address the situation and that someone would be around during the day on Thursday to come and fix it. I offered a flashlight to anyone that might have needed one but the students were all set and content waiting for the power until the next day. I finished my rounds with no other problems for the night.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Molly (and everyone really),
ReplyDeleteIf something like this happens again to this magnitude, please make sure to call Marcin or I so we can get the power turned on that night. There is a multitude of reasons why the power might not have been working, but for that many rooms is starts to become serious. If one or two outlets are out - not a big deal - but if a light is out in a bathroom or the power is out for the whole room, we need to address this more seriously because of the level of inconvenience.
This was a weird situation...Sorry so many people needed you Molly!