Thursday, October 22, 2009

On Call 10/21

Last night went well. During my office hour I wrote up the notices for my residents about keeping the doors shut and locked, I also had a B-tower resident come visit and then use the kitchen. Towards the end of my office hour Ben notified me that someone had vomited in the entrance way at the base of B tower. I went to go assess the situation and yup...real gross. Turns out about 10 minutes after its discovery when I was in the process of figuring out what to do about it, the same resident who I had let into the kitchen came back to let me know it was her mess. The good news is she in actuality did not get sick instead she had dropped her bean surprise of meal on the ground when she was walking back to her room. Needless to say I was still gagging when I looked at the sight of it. I then assisted her in getting cleaning supplies and cleaning up the mess.
By the time we finished and I closed up the office it was about 9:30. I proceeded to do my first round at 9:45. During this time I addressed some trash in the hall way and then went back to my room to write two yes two papers that were due the next morning. I did my next round at 11:15 ish and had the standard couple door closings for quiet hours. On my way past the lounge to go back to my room I ran into two residents who proceeded to tell me that I was so "hood" and that I had a "certain swagger." I thought this was pretty comical, I stopped and talked to them about what they were going to be for Halloween and about some other random topics and then went back to my room. I finished up my rounds at 12 and then went to bed so I could get up bright and early at 5 to finishing writing my incomplete papers.


-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment