Saturday, October 31, 2009

On Call 10/30




















So last night surprisingly was a very dull on call. During my office hour I worked on my bulletin board and warning forms from the fire inspection that happened. I did my first round at about 9:30ish and the building was all good, I didn't have to speak to anyone. When I got back to my room I was greeted by literally 12 residents who came to show me their costumes. Lets just say they were very interesting we had the planters peanut man, chance from chance of love, a pilot, 2 Indians, a monk, Hannah Montana, a soldier, and the best of the night John Kate without their 8. Once they left I went back to doing some homework. About a half hour later I heard some weird commotion going on outside my door so I opened it up to check out what was going on. It was two boys who are B&C tower residents just laughing over a costume they just saw. I got to talking to them and they were trying to convince me that I should just abandon my job as RA and go out clubbing with them in Providence. One of the boys said and I quote "come on you should come you don't actually get that many phone calls anyway do you?" Yes, he thought that being on call meant that I take phone calls all night. After I laughed for about 5 minutes they took off to go tear up the dance floor in Providence. I did my second round at 11 and by this time the building was virtually silent. I only had to tell one room to close their door. On my way through A tower I stopped by B-Chainz room to bug him. We talked and mainly laughed at my stupidity for a good while and by the time I left it was time for my last round at 12. I took another walk through the building and then went back to my room. This morning I woke up a little later than usual so I had the on- call phone in my room when it rang at about 10:30. At this time I had literally just walked into my room from taking a shower. When I picked the phone up it was a girl calling who was locked out of her room in Burnside. She told me that she had knocked on every RA's door over there and no one was there to help her. Before she hung up she told me that she would be in the lobby of Aldrich waiting for me, and that I couldn't miss her because she would be the girl dressed in only underwear. After throwing some clothes on I got down to our lobby to greet her and yup she was practically naked standing in her lingerie. She assured me that she was humiliated that she was basically naked because their were so many parents walking on campus and through the buildiings. She also told me that it was really her costume and it wasn't as bad last night because she had had on fishnets until they got torn up and removed them at the club. I took her over to Burnside and let her back into her room on the 4th floor of C-tower. Outside of her room in the hall was trash so before I would let her in I made her pick it up because she confessed it was hers. I then told her that trash wasn't tolerated in the hallway. In the end she was very grateful for me letting her in and not judging her poor choice of clothing.


So that wraps up Friday, hopefully Saturday goes just as smoothly for everyone!

and sorry for the length of the blog I'm just trying to keep up with b-chainz lengthy tales!


-HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
-<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment