So last night was interesting...
During my office hour I had a resident from C-Tower ask if she could have "mad medical tape" Initially confused by her request, I asked her what she needed it for. She explained that she recently had an operation, and non-verbally showed me the location of this said operation by placing her hands on her upper abdomen. I thought I had seen a med-kit in the office before but apparently it has since been lost or exited the building. I had the resident return to her room as I journeyed over to Burnside to see if they had the appropriate medical supplies. To the dismay to Shelly and I, Burnside was lacking the necessary provisions. Upon returning to Aldrich, I went back to residents room and explained the current situation, offering the idea of venturing to CVS to pick something up. She was relentless in having me supply her with some sort of adhesive material so I ended up giving her some random tape I found in my room...she has yet to return it...
After that escapade, I did a round and things were fairly quiet. I got back to my rooms and hit the books. Studied for a couple hours and then did another round at 11. When I walked over to C Tower, one of Molly's residents was knocking on her door. I initially assumed she was specifically looking for Molly and continued on my merry way, yet once I turned my back, the resident posed the following question, "Umm, are you the RA On Call?" I kindly responded, "Why yes, I am." She explained how residents below her were playing music loudly and were on the roof. When she said "roof" I envisioned kids pounding brews atop the building. Sadly, this was not the case. The roof she was referring to was the overhang between B and C tower facing Burnside.
I went down one flight and was stunned by the sound of loud "ethnic" music. C201E was getting ready to bed and had her Ipod on full blast. I asked her to turn it down because it was past quiet hours. She complied yet explained that she had her music loud because the B Tower residents had their music loud. Confused by her logic, I re informed her that it was past quiet hours and that she couldn't be doing that.
I then ventured over to B201D, where after 3 knocks, I was greeted by John Fernades . Upon opening the door, I asked him to turn down his dance party music and laughed inside my head as it appeared as if he was the sole patron of the room rocking out to some crappy techno. I then explained how I had recieved word of people out on the roof. The following conversation ensued...
Bchains: "Are there people out on your roof?"
John: "Yes"
Bchains: "Can you ask them to come inside?"
John: "Yes"
Bchains: "Can you do that while I'm standing here?"
John: "Yes...guys come inside."
Roof Goer #1: "What happened, is the RA here?"
John "Yea man just come inside."
(strobe light thrown into roof through window. dance party over, curtains close)
I explained to the trio of brilliance that they are forbidden to go on the roof and that if they do it again they will be written up. John apologized and seemed to understand the message. We shook hands twice within 10 seconds, not sure why, and I continued on my way.
I did another round around midnight and things seemed quiet as most people seemed to be asleep or out killing brain cells consuming copious amounts of alcohol. I had trouble falling asleep mainly because I felt as if I eventually needed to go pee (I know...TMI) I may have been slightly drifting off around 1 o'clock when I was awakened by the likes of America's Best Dance Crew. Between Aldrich and Burnside were two cars parked, music blaring and a dozen or so people straight busting moves. It was attracting a lot of attention as the music reverberated off the brick walls of the surrounding buildings. I hoped it would end after one song but it continued. I needed my sleep and something needed to be done. I called 2121 just to let them know what was taking place and it seemed as if somebody had already called it in. After a moment on hold, the officer said they'd send somebody when they had a free officer. I thanked him and hung up. As I hung up, the dancers returned to their vehicles and departed the scene. So my call to the cops was useless but I felt bad ass standing in my balcony window reporting the disturbance.
I got back in bed and got a few hours of lackluster sleep. I have an exam tonight which is going to suck large male testicles. Thanks for reading this blog, most likely laughing, and hopefully you picked up a vocab word or two.
Until next time I feel like writing a short essay,
Benjamin
Please excuse any grammatical mishaps
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
clap..clap..clap...
ReplyDeleteThis post was nothing short of ridiculous. Ben, you're too ridiculously funny, and our residents...well, they are just ridiculous. Keep doing a great job :)
-- Shelly
Reading this made my 3 hour office block well worth it.
ReplyDeleteMike